Chop enough wood for the winter in single weekend with the Sportsman Series Gas Powered Kinetic Log Splitter. Harnessing the power of kinetic energy, the Sportsman Log Splitter cycles up to 10 times faster than hydraulic machines, so you can cut more wood in less time. With a super fast cycle time of just 2 seconds, it is possible to cut a full cord of wood in under an hour.
In addition to saving time, the Kinetic Log Splitter will also save you money. By utilizing the momentum of the 15 pound flywheel and a 7 inch steel splitting wedge, the Log Splitter generates the equivalent power of a 10 ton hydraulic unit, burning less fuel, and without the maintenance and hassle of hydraulic lines. That kind of power can easily handle the logs of hardwood species as well as pine and cedar.
Ideal for folks with large wooded properties, the Gas Log Splitter horizontally splits logs weighing up to 100 lbs., 20 inches long, and 13.75 inches in diameter, for the fireplace, wood burning stove, and outdoor fire pit. With two-handed operation for safety, and an easy pull recoil start 2.7 horsepower engine.
Easily move the Kinetic Splitter into position on the two 8-inch hard rubber tires. Take the Log Splitter to the woodpile, and not the other way around, saving sore muscles and lots of time.
- Makes chopping up wood quicker, easier, and safer
- Utilizes kinetic energy for a faster cycle time, cut more wood in less time
- Uses less fuel than hydraulic models with faster and easier operation
- Easy pull recoil start
- Two handed operation for safety
- Two 8 by 1.75 inch hard rubber wheels included for mobility
- Noise level: 104dB with no-load
- Cycle time of approximately 2 seconds
- 2.7 HP, 4-stroke air-cooled, OHV, 94cc engine, torque 2.95ft-lb
- Kinetic motion equivalent to 10 tons of hydraulic power
- Maximum log length: 20 inches, Maximum log diameter: 13.75 inches, 100 lbs. max weight capacity
- Auto return, flywheel weighs 15 lbs. with 600 ROM
- Runs on unleaded gasoline with 0.42 gallon fuel tank
- Low oil shutdown, engine oil capacity: 12 ounces SAE 10W-30 oil
- 7 inch steel splitting wedge
- Unit is not towable, only operates in a horizontal position
- Assembled size: 53 inches long x 31 inches high x 11.5 inches wide
- Assembly required
- EPA approved, Non-CARB compliant/Not for sale in California